Friday, November 30, 2012

Stormy Skies

 Welcome to my blog. I am so glad that you came by.  I enjoy making cards for challenges but the difficult part is not always making a project but deciding what to create. For example the challenge at Craft a Scene this month is Troubled/Stormy Skies. That's right it has taken me almost the entire month to come up with an idea because I do not have stamps for clouds or storm effects. But I created my stormy skies with inks and Copics sponging and blending until I was happy with the result. I must say that I was pleased with the finished card. I used a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. Thought this might make a Good Luck Card for someone experiencing troubled times.
Challenge Links:
Craft a Scene: Theme is Troubled/ Stormy Skies
Tuesday Morning Sketches: See sketch 174 below
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers "Big City"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Paris Dusk
Copics: B0000,000,26, BV25, Y000, 11
Papers: White , Textured Slate Blue, and Textured Black Card Stocks, Scraps of Yellow CS
Die: Nesties Circle and Scallop Circle
Black Pearls
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

MaggieC said...

I am glad you had no stamps etc because the result of your work is stunning. You should not be satisfied, but instead be very proud of what you have created. Thank you for entering it into Craft A Scene this month. Hope to see you back again next month. xx Maggie

NancyD said...

Theresa this is brilliant! Love the idea of troubled skies over a city. Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

grandmabonnie said...

Theresa, what unique card and so creative! Thank you for using the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! Very lovely. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such a fun card! Love that great image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Cheryl said...

Wow! Great job on that sky. I'll have to try that myself sometime! Love the card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!