Saturday, November 24, 2012

Recipe from Speedy Fox and Friends


Welcome! We are back with another challenge from Speedy Fox and Friends. This week we have a recipe 1, 2, 3- Use only 1 layer, use only 2 colors and use 3 embellishments.  That is easy as 1-2-3!
I began with a card base of textured green CS that I embossed with a Quickkutz EF scallop circle and did some score lines. Inside the embossed circle,  I added  a Poinsettia  that I stamped from "Poinsettia Blooms" ( Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co) on red CS with Vesamark, heat embossed with black EP, and cut out. Added some Gold Gala Glitter to the center.  I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. from "Greetings of the Season". I made my own embellishments using the same poinsettia stamp as my feature image. I created 3 poinsettias from Shrinky Dink using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and pencils.  That was the most fun part of making this card. So my finished recipe is done and ready to serve...1 Layer, 2 Colors Green and Red, and 3 Shrinky Dink Poinsettias.  What are you going to cook up for the challenge? I can't wait to see.

Please join in our recipe challenge and you could win a stamp from Mark's Finest Paper, a Heinrich Co. You have until 3PM on Friday, November 30 to enter the challenge here. If you use Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. stamp, your name will be entered into the drawing twice.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Kate said...

WOW! Love how the red pops off of the green and your shrinky dink poinsettias are fantastic! Very pretty card.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--what a fabulous card! I love your embellishments! Very creative. TFS

wendy said...

very pretty

wannabcre8tive said...

Just beautiful, Theresa. I like how you embossed around the lovely poinsettia.

Payne Holler Cards said...

You so nailed the challenge! Wonderful card,
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (-:
Hugs
Linda

Angie said...

Theresa, I love the embossing and the gold glitter!!! I really have to try making some shrinky dink embellishments!!! Yours are FABULOUS!

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
Very pretty Christmas card and your poinsettias stand out perfectly against the green CS!!

Lena said...

I love the embossing and the lil flowers as the embellys. So adorable!

Pat Garvin said...

I have to try that shrinky dink. Looks great.