Sunday, November 4, 2012

Embossing with Dies

Have you tried using dies to emboss a design on CS rather than just cutting out the design? I was inspired to try this after watching a tutorial by Therese posted on Annabelle's  Stamp Embellish Create Community in their Topical Tuesdays. Check it out.  I am not sure if you have to be a member or not to view the tutorial. I used Cheery Lynn Exotic 2 Butterflies dies. After embossing the butterflies on white CS, I used masks and colored the butterflies by sponging Memento Cantaloupe and Tangelo Inks.  After removing masks, I sponged ever so lightly around the butterflies. I then used colored pencils to highlight the edges, antenna, and bodies.  I trimmed the image layer and rounded the corners before edging with a black marker. I stamped the sentiments from Paper and Such with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I attached this to an Orange patterned layer of K&Co Paper and then on to a Base Card of White.  Love the effect of the dies embossed on the card.

Challenge:
Flutter By Wednesday: Open Challenge

Thanks, Therese, for the great tutorial.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

Theresa this is eye poping gorgeous!!!!

Jenée said...

Beautiful, beautiful butterflies. This card is stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

Selma said...

Theresa this is fantastic. I love that you used the dies and came up with this gorgeous card.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Theresa, love the technique...gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays..

Luv CHRISSYxx