Saturday, October 13, 2012

Speedy the Fox has a Photo Inspired Challenge


Good Morning and welcome!  We have an interesting challenge at Speedy Fox and Friends this week---A Photo Inspiration Challenge.   Be inspired by the photo shown on the left to make a card. It will be interesting to see what you come up with so please join in and you could win a stamp from Mark's Finest Paper, a Heinrich Co. You have until 3PM on Friday, October 19, 2012, to enter the challenge here.  If you use Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. stamp, your name will be entered into the drawing twice.  I was a bit stumped but finally came up with a card using "Autumn Splendor" set by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.  I used Scor-pal to set up a tile design for the background and sponged with Memento Inks. I layered this on a white card base. Added a green flourish cut with Cheery Lynn Die "Fanciful Flourish" and then added the Owl and Leaves with Acorns that I stamped, embossed (Leaves),   colored with Copics and fancy cut. I used colors brown, gray, yellow, taupe and tan  from the photo to inspire my choice of colors. Finished with sentiment using Memento Pistachio.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Angie said...

Theresa, you did an awesome job with this challenge!!! I was stumped too! Your card looks much MORE inspired from the photo then mine! I love your tiles!!!!! So pretty sponged in those soft colors!

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Theresa--what a fabulous card!!! I love your interpretation of the challenge photo. This is really really pretty! TFS

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow,Theresa, your card is gorgeous! You aced the challenge with the tiles and colors. Awesome!!

Kate said...

Beautiful creation! Wonderful take on the challenge.

Pat Garvin said...

I absolutely love your tiles. I'll have to try that. Looks awesome.

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow,you did a awesome job on the photo inspiration. A fab card.