Thursday, October 18, 2012

OWH Color Throwdown

Today has been a very windy and rainy day...hoping the leaves on the lawn are all blown away.  Since it was too windy to rake today, I took time to make a card for one of the challenges at Operation Write Home. Midweek Throwdown Color Challenge---to make cards using black & white with a pop of red or green for our heroes to send home to their family and friends! I just received the "Poppies" digital set from Doodle Pantry for playing in their challenge this week.  I thought  one of their stamps and sentiment would be perfect for a card and Doodle Pantry is the sponsor for the challenge too. I printed the single Poppy and colored with Copics R22,24,27, N4,N7 and 100.  Using artistic license, I did the leaves and stems in shades of black since I wanted to stay with black, white and reds. Trimmed the printed sentiment, edged with black ink and placed on the image. I used a black textured card base, red mat and then finished with black beads in the center of the poppy. I think this would be a great card for OWH since I kept it CAS with appropriate sentiment and embellishment.
Other Challenge to enter:
Charisma Cardz: Clean and simple.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It is a great card for OWH, Theresa! Good idea for that pop of red!

Olga said...

love it, that image is awesome!

BobbisTreasure said...

Great coloring - thanks for sharing!!

Carrie said...

Lovely card. Love the colour!

Thank you for joining in with us at Charisma this week!

clare brown said...

fabulous card,goodluck at charisma this week