Friday, October 26, 2012

Inspired by my Husband

                            
 

 A few days ago, my husband gave me a beautiful Hallmark card for Sweetest Day.  When he selects a card he is always thinking if the card will give me ideas for my cardmaking. And his card (phhoto at end of post) inspired me to make this one  with butterfly dies and angel wing dies and heat embossing. I love the final results. I used a plum CS measuring 51/2 " X 11 3/4" to create the folded sides and used wing dies to cut into the folded edges so the wings extended beyond the folds. Then I attached Gold Metallic butterflies cut and embossed with dies to the extended wing cut outs . Stamped the sentiments with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP.   Finished the inside with stamped verses on gold parchment.

Supplies:
Dies: Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterflies 2 and Angel Wing Dies
Stamps: Paper and Such Butterfly set
Ink: Versamark
EP: Ranger Gold
Paper: Plum CS from stash, Gold Parchment
Adhesive Paper Lace: K&Company
Gold Marker (Colored Lace)
 
Hallmark Card from my Husband

Challenges:
Do You Stack Up: Embossing-heat or dry. Used both.
PaperPlay: Butterflies or Bees or other things with wings.
Fussy'n' Fancy Friday: Anything goes 
Critter Sketch Challenge: Embossing
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: No Rules...anything we want to do.
 
Thanks to my DH for the beautiful card and his support!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa




6 comments:

WencheP said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Selma said...

Wow Theresa - this is so gorgeous.

suzanne said...

oh theresa what a lovely husband you have. your card is beautiful and i love the deep plum colour. i think i's like to try this shape myself so your husband has inspired me too!
thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge blog this week and good luck with your beautiful card.

Stephanie said...

beautiful card...love how it folds out. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

Pat Garvin said...

Both cards are very pretty,

Nathalie said...

Hello,
beautiful project. So chic. Thank you for joining us to Fussy & Fancy.
Hugs!
Nathalie