Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Built My Flower!!!

 
Welcome to my blog. I was so excited to have received my purchase from my win at Cheery Lynn Challenge that I could not wait to play with my Build a Flower #1 die set. But first, I watched Mike's great videos at Cheery Lynn on making flowers.  He has some great tips and is so fun to watch. This company is so great to deal with and so quick with responses and delivery.  And their products are fabulous. ( I was not paid for this endorsement.)
I had to improvise some of the needed tools but I did make my first flower shown on my card. I know that it's not perfect and I need a lot of practice but I thought it was pretty enough to use on the card. I know I will be using this die set a lot.
I kept my card fairly simple to highlight the flower but it does have a lot of texture. I used a green card base layered with an embossed and distressed pattern paper of sheet music. Added a Green Flourish and then my Poinsettia and Leaf.  Finished with a sentiment to make this a Christmas card for my stash.

Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Challenge 51: Texture
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Make your own embellishments
ABC Christmas Challenge: U is for Up to You

Supplies:
Dies: Cheery Lynn Build a Flower #1 and Fanciful Flourish
          Spellbinders Label 4
Stamp: Flourishes sentiment from Dove and Holly
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye
Papers: GKD Spruce Green CS, Yellow, Green and Red CS from scraps, Authentique DP from Wonder Pack
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Allegro
Yellow Globe Dome Gem for Center of flower

 Thanks for coming by. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Olga said...

your flower is gorgeous!!! You should make more, you are really good at it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats on your win, Theresa! Lovely flower, and I can't wait to see what else you create!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did a beautiful job! Great card GF!

Jodi said...

What a pretty card! I love how you used the flourish!! Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Donna Ellis said...

What a very happy, festive Christmas card! Your colors are so pretty, and the poinsettia looks fantastic!

Helen said...

Wonderful card - love the traditional colours!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

beadz said...

Love your flower! Look forward to seeing many more from you. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Steph said...

What a gorgeous poinsettia! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Sandy Hulsart said...

Lovely poinsettia! Great job with the Build a Flower dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.