Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Bird

 
I love to play with digis and decided I need to use more of some great digis that I have saved.  I have had this "Happy Bird" that was a freebie from Doodle Pantry and never used it in a card.  Every time I see my friend Patti post a card for Doodle Pantry (she is on their DT),  I say I must do one of their challenges.   The theme this week is to use a Doodle Pantry Image..that's easy enough.   I colored Happy Bird with Copics ending up with him more pink than red. I found some scraps of DCWV pattern papers which I thought suited the bird's personality and used a sketch from Sweet Sunday to make it all come together on a card base of turquoise.  Added some dew drops and a sentiment also from Doodle Pantry to finish.  Was as Happy as "Happy Bird" with the card.
Challenges:
Doodle Pantry: Use a Doodle Pantry Image
Sweet Sunday Sketch: #169
Flutter By Wednesday: Use any Winged Creature



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

this is so adorable!!!!

Benzi said...

Hi Theresa...glad you came by my blog today. Your littlie birdie is so adorable and the cute houses for the background are perfect. I have so many digis and need to use them more. I was on a DT a while back that supplied us with plenty.

Have a great day!!

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Payne Holler Cards said...

So cute! I have that little bird too and still haven't used him!
Lovin that dp you used....

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Theresa! Love the papers and the happy image!

Laurie said...

Oh what a joy this is! Totally adorable papers and accents. Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 28!

Glittered Paws said...

Totally great card - love the bg papers with the bird houses, very happy cheery card. Thanks for playing with us at DPDC28.

Glenda Atkins said...

I'm updating my reply to correct the spelling LOL! Love your card and the marvelous background you gave the happy birdie! Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#28.

Lynette said...

So cute, and what a great sentiment for your image. Great papers, too! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday this week!

Valerie said...

Great background paper for this card! I just love this bird image! Very cute!