Saturday, October 6, 2012

Faux Layers for Christmas Card


At Stamp TV, Gina K is celebrating World Card Making Day 2012 with a fun challenge. She is asking us to make a single layer card that looks like it's layered. Deadline is Monday. Check it out hereI made my card using a stamp from GKD Stamp "Very Merry Christmas" by Theresa Momber. I sponged an area on GKD White Heavy Weight CS with Distress Ink Wild Honey using a mask cut with Nesties Oval Die.  I then stamped my image with Memento Espresso Truffle and colored with Copics Y G63, 99,R 48, 59 and Memento Markers Rich Cocoa and Rhubarb Stalk. Added some Clear Glaze on berries to highlight. Stamped sentiment with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and finished with a narrow red ribbon.

Are you celebrating World Card Making Day?  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely, Theresa, holly is such a classic Christmas image!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love that image! It's perfect for a one-layer card! Great job!

Patti P. said...

What a wonderful job on this challenge. Love the way you created the focal image! I have been gone all day, so no playing.
hugs...

Angie said...

What a fabulous way to make a one layer card!!! Stunning!

Benzi said...

Theresa, I spotted this on your blog right away when I came to visit. It is just gorgeous. Christmas cards are my favorite to make and I'm always sad when it is over and I have to move on. :-)Your sponging really makes the image pop.