Monday, October 1, 2012

CAS Card Inspired By My Blog Header

Third Post today. Please Scroll down for my FOSTV card posted earlier.
 
 

You will probably recognize this stamp and color combo from a card that I posted earlier. This card is for the challenge at CAS-UAL Friday to toot our own horn. We are to create a project inspired by our own blog header...What a neat challenge and so very original!
When posting the other card, I realized the mums look very similar to the ones in my Banner Photo that my dear  husband photographed.  (He is quite the photographer....so I will toot my  horn for him too. )  I just had to use this same stamp and coloration  again in a CAS card for this challenge.  I hope this is CAS enough for the challenge.  May have too much coloring but it was so simple to color this image. I did stay away from embellishments and only added a few score lines for texture.

Supplies:
Stamp: Flourishes "A Year In Flowers" set 3
Copics: YR06, 07, 21,  R27,  G05, 16
Inks:Memento Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, and Tangelo
Papers: Ivory, Orange CS's
Nesties Dies

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa


10 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful photo on your header~your husband took a great shot. Gorgeous card too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are so right, Theresa, that is such a cool challenge. Your card is amazing!

Olga said...

this is beautiful, your coloring is increadible!!!

Kimberly said...

Theresa - that is such a beautiful photograph your husband took, and you did an equally lovely job with that card. I really like the scored "frame" you created. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue W said...

How cool was this challenge Theresa! Love your card ...perfect!

Stampsnob said...

When a stamp is that beautiful it should be used every where .Great card.....Lis

Michele Gross said...

What a beautiful header you have! Your hubby did an awesome job with that photograph, and your card is wonderful take on it. Very pretty :) Glad you tooted your horn with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Carol L said...

What a great take on such an innovative challenge! I love those autumn mums!

Ira Huberts said...

What a lovely flower card Theresa, such pretty colours, too! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Christina said...

Your header is gorgeous, and so is the card that it inspired! I like how you framed the image in yellow to really draw out the colors of the flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!