Friday, October 12, 2012

Another Vintage Thanksgiving Card


I am back with another Vintage card.  When searching for an image for the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow, I found this image from Magic Moonlight Free Images in my files and just had to use on a card. After printing,  I distressed the image with distress inks and a distress tool and placed on a layer of Digi Paper and then onto a mat of BasicGrey pattern from Oliver paper pad. My green card base is from GKD.  Added lace and ribbon with a couple of metallic leaves recycled from something.   The lace was recycled from my Mother's scraps in her sewing room that I claimed on a visit.

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Give Thanks for Autumn. Make a vintage or shabby chic card or other paper-crafted project in fall colours such as rust, orange, deep gold and reds.

BasicGrey Challenge:  Use ribbon and lace.  Used DP from BasicGrey Oliver Paper Pack.
Scrap Creations: Pumpkins
Crafts and Me: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky: Vintage

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful card, love the image and your distressing! Thank you for playing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week (both times)...Hugs!!
Heather

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - perfectly vintage, what a great image! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey this challenge, Juliexx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card with such a lovely image, matched beautifully with papers and ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. hugs, Pat K.x

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love your images! Beautiful lace (-:
Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!
Linda SCH DT

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

This is so simple yet elegant. I love the lace. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. Renee

Peggy said...

Great card. I love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.