Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunset in the Woods


This card was inspired by a post on Crafting The Web by Theresa Momber found here. She did a step by step tutorial on making a sunset card.  I just had to try this and followed her card as close as I could but my sponging technique needs a lot more practice.  It was fun to do and I plan to enter it at Craft a Scene Challenge: Trees,Trees, Trees.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD - Theresa Momber's "Life is Good" for Trees and Deer
              Mark's Finest Paper, a Heinrich Co. "Free Greetings" for Trees; "Scenic Selections" for Birds; "Daffodil Greetings" for Sentiment
Inks: Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Lady Bug, Rose Bud, Rhubarb Stalk, Summer Sky, Gray Flannel, London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Papers: GKD White and Moonlit Fog CS, Yellow CS from scraps

I hope I did justice to Theresa Momber's Tutorial. Thanks to her for sharing with us so much of her techniques and tips.  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Wonderful job on the sponging! You've created a really beautiful scene!

Colleen said...

Theresa,
Wonderful job on the sponging! Great scene.

Olga said...

another beauty!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ahhh, I can almost feel the cool, crisp mist! Gorgeous!

brenda said...

Beautiful and so atmospheric Theresa.

Many thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

Angie said...

Stunning scene!!!! My DH would really love it if I made a card like this for him!!!

Anna-Karin said...

Very pretty! Lovely colours and great stamp images. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

NancyD said...

You have used really beautiful colors making your scene, Theresa. I love your sky for sure. Thanks for joining again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Seafield Jo said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, you've created a gorgeous scene.

Jo :)

Helen in the UK said...

Well it looks lovely in the picture! Like the silhouetted stag :)

stampinganja said...

Your sponging looks great to me, love your card! It is a great scene, and I really like the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene!