Saturday, September 8, 2012

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge



Welcome to Speedy Fox and Friends Saturday challenge. This week we are asking you to make a card with the colors Red and White.   The flowers I think of first when I think of red are Poppies. Instead of coloring my images, I decided to paper piece with solid card stock...usually use a pattern paper but thought I'd change it up a bit. I use Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. Stamp set "Welcome Poppies". You have until 3PM on Friday, September 14, 2012, to enter this challenge. If you use MFP, a Heinrich Company stamps, your name will be entered into the drawing twice.

Challenge to enter:
The Ribbon Girl Card Challenge: Add pearls

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's "Welcome Poppies"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics G20, 0000
Papers: White and Red CS, Plaid Digital Paper that I resized and recolored.
Pearls and Lace from Stash
Nesties Oval Die
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Angie said...

What an elegant card! I love the pearls in the center of the Poppies!

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--what a pretty poppy card! I love the pearls in the center. Very creative. TFS

Pat Garvin said...

Great card. You paper pieced with card stock. I never would have thought of that.

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
Beautiful card and the poppy's are showcased in such an awesome manner. I love the DP and touch of lace!!

Kelli Hull said...

this is lovely, I really like that lace at the bottom too!!!

Kate said...

Very pretty! Love the pearls & lace & great idea for the poppies!

Payne Holler Cards said...

This just pops! Great idea to use the solid cardstock for the poppies and adding pearls n lace ...

Carol L said...

Your paper pieced poppies are so pretty with that gorgeous lace border! I love the background design too - very pretty card!

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautiful and elegant. I love the pearl centers.