Saturday, September 1, 2012

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

Good morning! Today we have another challenge from Speedy Fox and Friends and it is to create a Sympathy Card. I try to keep sympathy cards simple and elegant with the emphasis on the message that I write on the inside.  I find that flowers or nature images are the best themes for me. Cards without  bright colors and without a lot of embellishments seem most appropriate. My color on this card is almost too much but is more subtle in real life. I almost left the image uncolored but it seemed to need a bit of color. This stamp "Oopsy Daisy"  from MFP is so appropriate for use on sympathy cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. "Oopsy Daisy" 
Ink: Memento Toffee Crunch , Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Crushed Olive, and Brushed Corduroy
Papers: Unknown DP with Text from stash (Very appropriate wording ), Glossy Ivory CS, Ivory CS, Brown CS all from stash
Ribbon: Organdy from Dollar Tree
 Nesties Oval and Scalloped Die

You have until 3PM on Friday, September 7, 2012, to enter this challenge. If you use MFP a Heinrich Company stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice.

Have a wonderful weekend.
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa  

8 comments:

Olga said...

gorgeous card, love the flower!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the background and the wonderfully colored blooms.

Pat Garvin said...

Looks wonderful. Love the background script.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--I don't think the daisies are too bright. It reminds me of a bouquet that someone would send as a sympahty bouquet. Beautiful card. TFS

Angie said...

What a beautiful card!!! I think at sad times people need a little color, yours is just right!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

i agree with you completely - your card is so lovely - love that script background too (-:

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
So very pretty! Flowers always seem to me to be a symbol of hope and love - so this pretty bouquet is perfect for showing you care.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! It is perfect for the occasion. Wonderful coloring of the flowers!