Monday, September 3, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV

Happy Labor  Day! Enjoy the Holiday.  This is the time of year to think about School Days since traditionally school used to start after the Labor Day Holiday.  Today most schools have already begun.  Our challenge this week at FOSTV is to make a Back to School theme project. Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. has a great new stamp "Lesson Learned" with a school theme that I have used to create my card. I found this paper that I have had for eons from back when I was doing some scrap booking. I thought it would be a great background and inspiration for my card. I placed it on a card base of blue then attached the board and stack of books that I stamped on ivory cs, colored and cut out. I made the apple embellishment with Shrinky Dink to finish the card.
Challenges to enter:
Do You Stack Up: Back to School
Fussy and Fancy Friday: Back to School
 
Please join us this week for our challenge. You have a chance to win the MFP stamp below: 

 
Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's "Lesson Learned"
Ink: Memento Black, Rich Cocoa, Brillance Moonlight White
Copics: B21,67, E25,29, G82,  R46,  Y11, 13
Papers: Bazzill Blue, GKD Ivory CS, Unknown Pattern Paper, Scrap of Green CS
Shrinky Dink and Pencils
 
The photo shows the size of the apple stamp and the final result of the red apple after I used Shrinky Dink. This gives you an idea how much it shrinks.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

19 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is wonderful! I have not done Shrinky Dinks in years!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

This is brilliant!!Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

Janine said...

Great use of shrinking for your apple and I like your multi-coloured books.

Angie said...

Theresa, AWESOME!!!! What a terrific card. I LOVE the apple!!! I haven't tried the shrinky dink stamping yet BUT now I HAVE to try it because that apple is terrific!! I love what you did with the chalk board too. I LOVE those crisp clean lines on the chalk board!!!!!

Benzi said...

Very cool! I've never tried Shrinky Dink but this really makes me want to give it a whirl...so interesting. Love your card and the 'just perfect' paper.

Katie said...

thank you for visiting my blog and the nice words..I am honored to be a member of this wonderful team and all the great talent. I really like the paper choices and the stamps...looks really nice...

Davi said...

Theresa love that dp, so perfect for this card. So clever of you to do the Shrinky Dink apple! Great card :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

Shrinky Dinks! Had forgotten all about them !
And you couldn't have had any more perfect dp with that image
You so rock the MFP sets!
Hugs (-:

Betty Benton said...

Love that shrinky dink apple -- great embellishment! But I think whoever wrote those books needs to go back to school too!!!!!

Carla S. said...

Great card, Theresa! The background paper is perfect! Love the shrinky dink apple!

Kathy Bradley said...

What an awesome card - love your shrinky dink apple setting on the stack of books. Adorable card!

Céline said...

fab card
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love that paper... pure perfection!

Denise and Louise said...

Brilliant back to school card - love that backing paper.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Lena said...

I love shrinky dinks! Your card is so cute I love it!

Ravengirl said...

This turned out so good! I love the shrinky dink apple!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute card you have made. I have never tried shrinky dinks and keeps saying I am going to. Okay, it is on my list. That paper is so perfect with the stamps.

Stampsnob said...

Lovely cards I especially like the fairy . We have a fairy garden for our grand daughters,..Lis