Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thinking of a Friend

Happy Saturday. Welcome to another challenge at Speedy Fox and Friends.  Today we are doing friendship cards.  It is always nice to have cards on hand for friends to send to let them know that you care about them or are thinking of them, especially when they might need cheering up.  For my card, I used a recent stamp release "Bring on the Sun" from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. I stamped the sunflower image with bees and colored with Copics and cut it out. I highlighted the bee wings with Clear star pen. I stamped another sunflower image on to Shrinky Dink  and made some embellishes for the card.  Using a sketch from Tuesday AM sketches, I completed the layout with ribbon, pattern paper, and my sunflower embellies.

Please join us in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp set. You have until 3PM on Friday August 24 to post your card. Remember, if you use MFP, a Heinrich Co. stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's "Bring on the Sun"

Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: E35, E97, G20, Y13,17, 38, YR 20,21
Glaze Pen, Clear Star Pen
Papers: White, Yellow, Gold, Green CS, K&CO Pattern Paper
Green Ribbon embossed with CB EF With Love Border
Shrinky Dink Sheet and Pencils

Challenges to enter:
Tuesday AM Sketches: Sketch shown to left
Craft Your Passion: Gone Buggy...bees on the flowers
Oldie But Goodie Challenge: Friends....Old Shrinky Dink Sheet, Papers all 1 yr or older, Old Ribbon.



 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Olga said...

gorgeous card!!!! Love the flower

Pat Garvin said...

I wondered where those small sunflowers came from. I need to try that SHrinky DInk. Have some. Used it years and years ago. Great card.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--this is a very stunning card!!! I love the tiny sunflowers! But I can't imagine fully cutting all those flowers!! YIKES! TFS

Melissa Craig said...

Great use of Shrinky Dinks. I have some and I never remember to play with it. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kate said...

Wonderfully creative card! Beautiful colors.

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
So very pretty - nice sketch and lovely colors!

Michelle said...

So lovely this card with sunflowers and bees.
Thanks for joining us at CYP. LG Michelle

Angie said...

Your own embellishments!!! How fun!!! I love the center of your sunflower too!!! Beautiful card with lots of interest!

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card! Love the Shrinky Dink embellies! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

onecraftymama said...

What a fabulous idea, to use Shrinky Dinks to have the matching embellies! So clever - I have some too that I haven't used (except as makeshift acetate) for some time. I think I need to play :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

grandmabonnie said...

Theresa...a fun pretty card! So very glad that you joined us this time at Tuesday Morning Sketches...make sure you stop back on Tuesday for our new challenge!