Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thanks to Rita


This is a card that I made for Joan's Gardens Challenge but before I get in to that, I want to thank my friend and neighbor, Rita. Due to her, this card was made possible because I borrowed from her the die for the lattice, the stamp for the bird, and even the flower I think was punched with one of her punches.  I came across the punched flowers in a stash of precut flowers that I did some time ago and I think it was from a punch of Rita's.  The floral background was even from some scrap leftover from some cards we had made together for a club project.

Now back to the challenge. For Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #31 we are to use a framed lattice background , any type of flowers , a  bird , and a vertical greeting.  I think I have all the elements covered.  Used 3 layers for flower which I embossed with Clear EP and stacked with pop up dots and used unknown Black Brad for center. My card is sized 5" x 7" to better use the lattice.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bird -All Night Media,  Vertical sentiment-Stampin' Up

Copics B0000,01, YR 00
Glaze Pens
Papers: White Glossy CS, Green Textured CS, Graphics 45 Scrap
Die: Cheery Lynn Lattice Die and Fanciful Flourish
Unknown punch for Flowers
Versamark and Clear EP, White EP

Thanks, Rita for making this card possible. If I win anything, I will share.
I enjoy every one's comments. Thank you.  Theresa

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Ain't friends great????? Especially ones with card making supplies/toys!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Lol, Betty! Theresa, this is so pretty! My poor old Cuttlebug just does not like to cut those kind of dies, anymore. The bird is a sweetie, and so is your friend for sharing.

Thanks for the heads up on the win. I was not sure how or when they announced winners.

Gail said...

I like your card very much - I wish you best on winning:) I have enjoyed learning how to make my own lattice as I do not have a die that cuts a nice lattice as used on your card. Have a great week.

Olga said...

and it's gorgeous, nice neighbor!! Good luck!

Payne Holler Cards said...

gotta love sharing our "stuff"!
good friends make life fun (-:
hugs
Linda

Selma said...

This is so pretty Theresa. I love the design paper you placed behind the lattice. Friends are wonderful .