Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sweet Celebration with Strawberries

Hello! I am back with a third challenge for Flourishes 5th Birthday Celebration. This is their Sweet Celebration Challenge which is to use a focal image or sentiment that is SWEET. This was an easy one for me since I knew I wanted to use Flourishes Sweet Strawberries Set. I even cased an earlier card that I had made but used a different paper and a different embellishment. For this I used a digital paper for the background but changed the color from green to red before printing. I also embossed the mat with CB EF Wicker Weave. I made my strawberry embellie by stamping the single strawberry on shrinky dink and colored with pencils. I made a bunch of these for my stamping club.
Supplies:
Flourishes "Strawberries" Stamp Set
Red and green Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black
Red, White and Yellow Glaze Pens
Papers:  White, Black CS, Digital Pattern Paper
Shrinky Dink, Red and Green Pencils


Hope to return for one more Flourishes challenge ...but I have to create a card first.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Loving your strawberry card and that red background paper! Good luck -- hope you and Colleen will soon be sharing stamps that you've won from these challenges!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love the red background paper and beautifully colored berries! Good luck!

Patti P. said...

You did do sweet!!! That embossing and your shrunk strawberry, so fabulous. Such a beautiful card.
hugs...

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Your sweet is perfect as I love these strawberries. Yummy goodness. Thanks for playing in Flourishes 2,4,6,8 Birthday Celebration.