Monday, August 6, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV Challenge

Here we are on another Monday morning.  I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Welcome to today's  Friends of Speedy TV challenge. The challenge this week is to use Chalks which is a medium that I do not use often and I have to pull them out of storage.  My favorite way to use chalk is on glossy paper because it so easy to do and is very effective. I stamped the lovely Poppies image from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co stamp set "Welcome Poppies" with Memento Espresso Truffle ink onto glossy white CS. I then colored with pastel chalks using pinks and greens. This seems to be my most used color combo - Pink and Green. I cut the image with Nesties oval die and sponged the edge with Ranger Distress Ink Spun Sugar. Placed this on a green scallop oval mat and then adhered to the Pink Base card. Used Cuttlebug Wicker Weave Border Embossing Folder on 2 edges of card and stamped sentiment from same stamp set in Memento Pistachio ink. This was a simple card but I liked the way it turned out in chalks.
Challenges to enter:
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Pink + One....used Pink + Green.
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: Use as much pink as you like.

For those who enter the challenge at Speedy TV this week, you have a chance to win "Buffalo Spring" a MFP, a Heinrich Co stamp shown here.
Hope to see you at the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.
I enjoy all comments.
Thank you. Theresa

18 comments:

Sue W said...

Love the soft colours you chose Therese! Must try chalk on glossy...soon!

Olga said...

gorgeous, love the layout!

Benzi said...

So pretty, Theresa. I so enjoyed chalking because I never do it, either. Maybe I will now because I like the results.
I like how you used the embossing folder on the edges...adds so much interest and helps to make a great card.

Kate said...

Gorgeous! The embossing added a wonderful touch.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! The flowers turned out so gorgeous!

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautfiful realization. Everything in simplicity. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Janine said...

Love your soft and pretty chalking.

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! I love the image and colours and the embossing is fantastic.Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
How lovely and elegant - the colors are so soft and serene! Just beautiful!

Lena said...

Thi is beautiful! Ive never used chalk on glossy, now I must try it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Soft and beautiful, Theresa!

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Angie said...

I do love pink!!!!! Very pretty card!!!!

Gram's Treasures said...

Very pretty, and I do like how you have angled the image for added interest. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week...hope you'll join us again soon!
Joyce xx

Desire Fourie said...

Theresa this is so beautiful. Love the colours and design.
Hop on over to Doing Life - for a chance to win some lovely digi stamps to value of 20$.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Ellen said...

Those poppies are so very pretty done in chalk! Love the softness of your card! :)

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ

Ravengirl said...

This is lovely! Chalks on glossy cardstock. I'm going to have to try it.