Saturday, August 18, 2012

Days Flutter By

Hello again!  I am back with a card for another challenge at The House That Stamps Built blog. This time it is the Designer's Choice Challenge DCC815 - to use scoring on you card.  I could not card without my Scor-Pal or at least not enjoy doing it as much.  I used my Scor-Pal to create a background for this card by scoring lines in a grid pattern making a somewhat tile design. After that I used a pod to add Memento Grey Flannel ink to highlight the score lines making  it appear to look like marble tiles. I placed this on a card base of Yellow CS.  I stamped 3 butterflies -  2 small and 1 large on the same Yellow CS with Memento Tuxedo Black and cut them out without the antennae. I added twine to replace the antennae as I attached them to the card. Also gave each a black Pearl Head. Used the sentiment "Some days just seem to flutter by! " thinking that this entire summer seems to have fluttered by and so quickly!   All the stamps used in making this card were from an unmounted sheet of stamps that I won from Repeat Impressions....love using them. Aren't the details on the butterflies just beautiful!
In addition to the Repeat Impressions Challenge,  I am entering:
Challenges:
Flutter By Wednesday: Open challenge...must have butterfly or fairy. Welcome back to this challenge blog.
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Anything Goes

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Joan Macdonald said...

Great card with an unusual technique.
Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi daisy this week.

Joan x

Patti P. said...

Loving that technique and the way some color washed over into the blocks. Just beautiful.
hugs....

Danni said...

This made me smile! Love it! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Sudha said...

Fabulous creation. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Daisychain said...

A great card, love the scored background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

New Daisy & Friends At Christmas CD launching at 10.00am (UK time) Sunday 19th August on Create & Craft.

May said...

Fabulous card... love the background and those butterflies are fab... Thank you so much for joining us at Whoopsi daisy... May x

Olga said...

gorgeous, I love butterflies!

Kathy said...

This is lovely. The background is so cool and I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Flutter By Wednesdays this week!

Jenée said...

This is a stunning card. The grid backgound is so nicely done, and those stamps are gorgeous stamped with the black ink on yellow card. Thank you for entering this week's FBW challenge.

jan farnworth said...

i totally love yellow so your card is lovely thanks for sharing with us at fbw.

Patti J said...

Thanks for joining in with us in our challenge at The House That Stamps Built, Theresa!! Your card is beautiful!