Friday, August 10, 2012

Country Road Challenge


The final challenge for Flourishes Release Week is to share a favorite country road as inspiration! Share a photo, pick colors in the photo and use them in your card or creation.  On the left is my photo of a country road from several falls ago when my DH and I were driving through a state park. I colored the background by sponging Memento Summer Sky, Ranger Distress Ink Peeled Green, and Memento Gray Flannel on to Glossy Ivory CS. I used the Mums stamp from Flourishes Set 3 of A Year in Flowers for my focus coloring the flowers in Copics pulling out the colors from my photo. Cut the image and a frame (colored with the Distress Ink)  using Spellbinder dies. Assembled all together plus a gray ribbon on a card base of Oyster Pearl Glossy CS.  Stamped sentiment from Flourishes "Zinnias" with Gray Flannel.  And there you have "My Country Road". Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Maybe check out some of those country roads.
Thanks, Theresa

4 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your photo and card are both gorgeous, Theresa!

Olga said...

I love this, yo did an awesome job and love the background paper you created!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my word! Those Zinnia's look fabulous!! You really colored them in with that great red-orange color! Your card look absolutely beautiful! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Noontime Challenge!

~ Amanda :)

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

So pretty! Your fall flowers look wonderful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes country road challenge.