Monday, August 27, 2012

Butterflies and Bees, Oh My!

This card is a bit humorous....combined bees and butterflies. I do not think I have ever seen a swarm of bees flying with butterflies but it just turned out that way. I was making a background by stamping rows of butterflies and decided it needed a bit of pop, so I stamped the black bees. The large butterfly was stamped, colored, cutout and attached with pop dots.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #183: Challenge is “Butterflies, Bees, Spiders, oh my! Use an insect image(s) and/or element(s) for your card/project.
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Make your own background.
Flutter By Wednesday: Friendship is theme.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD "Butterfly Take Flight", GKD "A Year of Borders" by Melanie, MFP's "Bring on        the Sun" for the Bees, Flourishes "Taglines" for the sentiment
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black,Cantaloupe, Dandelion
Cardstock: Yellow, Black, White
Clear Star Pen

Wishing you a great week filled with friendship. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! The butterflies and bees work well together!

Betty Benton said...

That butterfly from Take Flight is still one of my all time favorites! Things are lovely in your world -- where butterflies and bees fly together!

Patti P. said...

I think is it so pretty,love the butterfly background. That is the great thing about creating cards, there are no rules.

Denice said...

The bees you stamped make this "just the right amount of busy." Love the colors you used on this card and the main butterfly is simply gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Flutter by Wednesday this week.
:Dxx

Danni said...

It is an interesting combo with the bees and butterfly, but it works! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful, I love how you stamped all those bees and added the pretty butterfly.

emma mitchell said...

Lovely background and detail on this gorgeous card .
Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Hugs Emma xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx