Monday, August 13, 2012

Bird Sings for this Sketch

 For Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week, we need to use the sketch shown below.  Since I was working on another challenge to use green and purple, these colors ended up in this card as well.
I used Flourishes happy singing bird from "Spring Has Sprung" and one of the set's sentiments and another sentiment from Taglines. To tie in with the singing bird I embossed the EF Allegro on the pattern paper, but I lost the design somewhere as I did the layering. OOPS! But it does show on the real card but lost in the photo.
I am going to enter this also for a second entry at Joan's Garden Challenge #29-
  • Make a Thank you card
  • Use purple and green
  • Use something to do with music (Singing bird will have to do since my embossed music score does not show unless you use imagination)
  • Use a bird

  • Supplies:
    Stamps: Flourishes

    Copics: G20,21, BV 0000, 000
    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Grape Jelly
    Papers: White CS, Purple Dots, and Green Dots all from scraps
    Purple Ribbons from stash
    Cuttlebug EF Allegro
    Nesties Oval Die

    I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

    6 comments:

    Joan Fricker said...

    Another pretty card Theresa! Beautifuly humming bird. Great color combination!

    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    Heather Jensen said...

    So pretty Theresa! Such a sweet bird. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

    joy said...

    Hi, Theresa! You have used the purple and green so nicely here; I have a hard time with those colors for some reason. Hope you have been having a great summer!

    CraftinGranny said...

    Gorgeous card Theresa! My fav colors. "Hugs"

    Sudha said...

    Wow its pretty sweet. I like the colors too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    Olga said...

    another beauty!