Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beach on Kraft


At Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, Cindy is the hostess and wants us to use Kraft paper on our project.  I used Kraft for practically the whole card except for an orange CS Mat.  I stamped the Palm Trees from Flourishes "Beach Life" Set on GKD Kraft CS with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with pencils. I sponged some clouds in the sky with Memento Summer Sky and Ranger Distress Ink Tumbled Glass. I just kept coloring and sponging until I was satisfied with the scene hoping not to overdo. The sentiment was stamped on the Kraft with Memento Morocco Ink. Added my brown brads for coconuts. Used Kraft card base with orange mat topped with the beach scene. I have done another card very similar to this but using Kraft creates a whole new look and style. Had to add some white with a pencil to keep sky and sand from being too dark.

Challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Use Kraft Paper
A Blog Named Hero: Challenge is to incorporate Kraft into a project.
Craft a Scene: Challenge is Great Outdoors...clouds in the background and palm trees in the foreground
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Summer Days
Allsorts Challenge: Use metal--metal brads on trees.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Lin said...

Theresa, you did a wonderful job on your clouds and sand - almost like the real thing! Fantastic result!

Denise Marzec said...

Great sponging and I love the brads as coconuts. Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

brenda said...

Good morning Theresa

I'm afraid blogger doesn't want to show me your photo of your work, but I can see on the tiny thumbnail that it looks like an idyllic tropical beach with palm trees.

It's lovely to see you at Craft a Scene and Allsorts challenges, many thanks joining as at both.

B x

Mary Dawn said...

this is brilliant! i need some picket fence stain for sure! thank you so much for playing along with A Blog Named Hero!

Sarah said...

This is just beautiful Theresa. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Heavy Metal challenge x

NancyD said...

Fabulous Theresa! I love the softness you achieved. I think I would love to be swinging on that hammock reading my favorite book. Thank you for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anna-Karin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the soft colours and how clever to add brads to the palm trees. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous scene I can already smell the sea and feel breeze. Awesome colors and wonderful sentiment:)

Disp6194 said...

Your beach scene is gorgeous! Love the card :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!