Friday, July 6, 2012

Vintage Children

The challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is Vintage Children and the sponsor is Create with TLC, one of my favorite sources of digital images especially vintage ones. I knew I had to use one of Paulette's digis and I chose "My Babies" from my file of her downloads. I think the colors,"homespun" looking pattern paper and sheer ribbons contribute to the vintage feel of my card so I did not use a lot of layers and embellishments. This is almost a clean and simple design. Colored with Copics and sponged and distressed with Distress Inks. Embossed and highlighted a sentiment. Think I may have got the hair color a little too yellow. Need to work on coloring Blondes but I  just had to make her a blonde.

Supplies:
Digi Image: Create with TLC
Papers: K&CO Pattern, Cardstock from My Stash
Copics:B0000,000,C00,1,3, E0000,00,07,11,31,50, G20,21, R0000,00,01,21, Y11,13, 38
Ranger Distress Ink: Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, Antique Linen
Nesties Circle Die
Cuttlebug EF With Love Border
Sheer Ribbon: 3 colors for the triple Bow-Gold, Orange, Pink


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous vintage card, Theresa! The image isperfect!

NancyD said...

Awe, reminds me of playing dolls with my sister. Very lovely! NancyD

Meggymay said...

This is adorable, the image brings so many childhood memories. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I think she is lovely and you are so right about the vintage feel to your papers. What a gorgeous bow!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
We love seeing your work.
Patti SCH/DT

Payne Holler Cards said...

So glad to finally get to visit ya... This is precious! Lovin that dp too....sure brings back wonderful memories (-:
Hugs
Linda SCH-DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty... love the ribbon!