Saturday, July 14, 2012

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

Welcome to another Speedy Fox and Friends challenge. This week we are asking you to make a Masculine Birthday Card. To inspire you, I have made a card with a sneak peek of Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. "Be Wild and Free".  I thought my pattern papers were a great background for the elephants as they traveled across the African plains, maybe to attend a birthday for a man who likes to LIVE life to the fullest.
I used 2 papers tearing the bottom one that looks like tall grass and attaching to the other that looks like a sunset in the Serengeti. Stamped the elephant silhouettes in black, cut out, and attached to the background. Used a dark brown card base.

Challenge to enter:
Cards For Men: Happy Birthday

Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. "Be Wild and Free" and "Island Life" (Sentiment)

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Papers: MFP's Brown CS from Pack, DCWV Safari Chic Matstack
Dewdrops from Stash

Please join us in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp Set. You have until 3PM on Friday July 20 to post your card. Remember, if you use MFP, a Heinrich Co. stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I'm WILD about your bday card. Does indeed look like an African setting in the wild. Wonderful color choices. I used Big Cats and Be Wild & Free for my bday card I entered.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Kate said...

Gorgeous colors! Perfect for a masculine card.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--what a great card!!! Your background paper is just perfect for the elephants!!! TFS

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
Gorgeous and perfect colors for this scene - it's awesome and a wonderful card!

Angie said...

Fabulous use of your DP!! I love those elephants!!!

Betty Benton said...

Terrific elephant card!!

Lena said...

This is amazing I love it! Cant wait to use this new set!

Lagene said...

Love your scene! Perfect papers for this sunset in Africa!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Perfect paper for those totally awesome elephants! Great card!