Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kingfisher and Summer Blossoms

This is a card that I made just because I wanted to with no challenges in mind.  My DH loves Kingfishers and he is always trying to photograph them when we are in Florida. A few weeks ago I won a Gift Certificate  to  Joanna Sheen's from a challenge win. One of the things that I bought with some of my winnings was a La Blanche Stamp of a Kingfisher.  After stamping it with Versafine Onyx Black on white CS some time ago, I set it aside  and forgot it. I decided yesterday  I could no longer wait to use the print to make a card. I colored the image with Copics just going along as I went  with no plan. After I finished coloring, I remembered  this DP from Graphic 45 which matched very closely to the colors that  I had used. Must have been in the back of my mind as I selected the colors?  I then simply placed the colored image on a black mat, then on to a mat of the DP, added a matching ribbon, and then attached  to the base card of green. I finished with a one word sentiment which expresses what this scene means to me.
But of course, I did find these challenges to enter:
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Birds of a Feather
CRAFT Challenges: Feathers/Birds
Joanna Sheen Challenge: Summer Daze- This card may not seem to fit her challenge but we enjoy a lot of our Summer Days watching birds so maybe it will be acceptable for entry. And I also wanted to share my card with stamp from Joanna's shop.
The ABC Challenge: S is for surprise- surprise them with our best.  Even I was surprised how this card came out!
Craft Your Passion Challenges: Things with Wings

Supplies:
Stamp: La Blanche "Kingfisher"

            MFP's "Serenity" from Island Life
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves and Summer Sky
Copics: C00,03,09, E25, G21, YG03, Y02, Yr14, R00, 11,20,22,43
Pens: White Gel , Black Glaze, Gray Pencil
Papers: White, Black, and Green CS from stash, Graphics 45 Pattern from "Once Upon a Springtime"
Ribbon from Stash

 May you enjoy being creative just for the fun of it!
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I love LaBlanche stamps. This one is a beauty! Love the colors and the patterned paper you have used. Hope you are staying cool and having a good summer!

sari said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! Love the image and colors! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Krafty Kows said...

Fantastic card - Love the Kingfisher image. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Sue W said...

Hi Theresa....what a fabulous card! Love the colours and that gorgeous bird!

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

Jo and Tigerlover.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Sometimes it's just fun to make a card for no reason other than making a card! This is gorgeous! Love the kingfisher image!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card thanks for joining craft this week

Cinzia Gava said...

such a cute card...love the matching colors (paper-image!!!!) and love how the kingfisher looks on a tree among flowers...
thanks for sharing it at ABC Challenge!
hugs

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card - thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card - thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Blog said...


Thanks for sharing...

here is one of the good Online Food Deals site in india: Online Deals in Delhi at Khaugalideals.com