Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Joan's Gardens

This card was made without the use of ink, copics, or stamps or harming any butterflies in the making for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #26 .  We are  to make a butterfly card, use green and yellow, use something from nature (for instance a fern), and have at least 3 layers.  As soon as I read this challenge I pulled out some flowers that I had collected from my garden, dried and stored a few summers ago when I made some bookmarks. I have several flowers, leaves and stems saved from that project.  I started with a card base of Ivory CS, added a mat of Green CS, and then a pattern paper from Graphics 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" pad that I punched top and bottom with a Martha Stewart Douple Loop border. Now I added my something from nature....a dried Green Fern and a Yellow Pansy that I carefully glued to the card.  My finish was a doubled layered butterfly cut  with a Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly Small 2 die. I used 2 shades of yellow leaving one intact by using tape underneath the cutout and punching the lighter one out and attaching over the darker one. Attached some green rhinestones to the center of the Butterfly.   I did not add a sentiment on the front but will add later when I send or use on the inside.
Joan always has such fun challenges, some harder than others but always challenging.
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful!!!! I love those dried flowers. I also love doing that.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Donna said...

Theresa, lovely card, love the pansy, my grandmother used to press her flowers all the time and make bookmarks, this so pretty of a card brought back lots of good memeories for me.
THANKS
hugs
Donna

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers... this is gorgeous as are the two other cards I missed while I was gone! Really love the oriental one!