Monday, July 16, 2012

Friends at Speedy TV Get Sketchy

 Welcome to Friends of Speedy TV challenge this week. We are asking you to make a card with the sketch shown below. I made  my card using Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. stamp "I'm In Stitches" and a pattern paper background that I found in my stash.  I stamped the sewing machine on white CS with black ink and added some gold and silver. My original design did not include the pin cushion but I decided I needed a punch of color. I made several attempts to get the look that I wanted. Finally ended up stamping on white CS with versamark and used red embossing powder and then sponged with green distress ink.  Changed the card base to red  to make it all come together.

 Use this sketch for your card this week.
For those who enter the challenge at Speedy TV this week, you have a chance to win a MFP, a Heinrich Co stamp shown here.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP "I'm In Stitches"

Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Versa Magic Pumpkin Spice, SU Saffron,  Distress Ink Peeled Paint, Silver and Gold Pens, Versamark
Embossing Powder: Ranger Red
Papers: Red, White, Gold, and Yellow CS, Pattern from Cosmos Cricket Material Girl
Nesties Circle Dies

Join us this week for our sketch challenge. Have fun with FOSTV.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Awesome sewing card! love the color choices and the measuring tape borders!

Olga said...

absolutley gorgeous, love your coloring!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your punch of red is perfect! Makes it all cohesive! Super awesome card... LOVE all the fun elements!

Carla S. said...

Great card, Theresa Love the sewing machine and the measuring tape!

Janine said...

Great use of that set and using red powder and green ink was a clever move.

Ravengirl said...

This is wonderful! The measuring tape is just perfect for those narrow ribbon like panels!

Kate said...

We were thinking alike! LOL Fun card.

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
This is so very cute! I love how you used the tape measure as part of the sketch - very clever!

Benzi said...

What a clever idea to get that pop of color and use it as one of your circles. Great job on the sketch.

Angie said...

Fabulous card! I love the use if the measuring tape stamp! Very clever to make the tomato one of the circles in the sketch! Love the tip of using versamark for that particular stamp!

Carol L said...

Great take on the sketch! Love that old Singer!