Monday, July 9, 2012

Doily for My Thank You Card

When I saw a challenge to use a doily but you could not use a paper one, a die cut one or a crochet one, I remembered this love doily stamp from GKD "Nana's Needlework" that I  have not used lately since I starting use die cut ones. I stamped the round doily on Glossy White CS with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger White EP. I then added Tim Holtz Distress Inks Broken China and Tumbled Glass to bring out the Doily. Added the sentiment from GKD "Needlework Sentiments", made the corner trims in the same manner as the doily, and added real lace across the bottom to finish. This card has great texture.
Challenges:
City Crafter Challenge: Hello Doily- Use doily patterned paper, doily embossing or  doily stamps.
Saturday Challenge: Secret Crafters-Use Pastel Colors
Craft Your Days Away: Doillies and Lace

I was not going to post again today but one of these challenges ends today.  
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Theresa!!! What a gorgeous card. I have a doily Hero Arts stamp that I never remember to use - must get it out soon! Thanks for sharing :)

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful pastels and a gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very pretty,super elegant!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

paperfun said...

How lovely!!! Just gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Linda R said...

What a pretty card you have created. Perfect for our challenge.
Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What beautiful embossing ... such a pretty doily stamp ... Just perfect for our challenge ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A beautiful card. Your embossed doily looks great.

Thanks for joining in our doilies and lace challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Sarahx

Jacqui P said...

very pretty and elegant!
Thankyou for joining us this time over at Craft your days away challenge!
Hugs
Jacqui P x