Sunday, July 8, 2012

Christmas in July

Thought it would be cooling to play with some snowflakes on this very hot day...temps have been in the hi 90's here in Ohio but know some of you are even hotter. I bought a Cheery Lynn Snowflake die a few months ago and have not played with it.  Since there are several Christmas Card Challenges in blog land as of late, I thought I'd make a Christmas card with the die.  I cut 3 snowflakes out of Silver Metallic CS and arranged on a Navy Card. I stamped an Annabelle Christmas sentiment in Versamark and embossed with Zing EP.  This was a quick card but think it is very sparkly.

Challenges:
Annabelle Stamps: Say It With Snowflakes. I did not have any of her Snowflake stamps but used one of her Christmas.
Cheery Lynn Challenge: Christmas in July . Although I only used one die, I liked the way it came out.
Critter Sketch Challenge: Use something that sparkles. My snowflakes have lot of sparkle
Lollipop Crafts: Christmas in July
Crafter's Companion Monthly: Ho Ho Ho Christmas

Supplies:
Die: Cheery Lynn Snowflake 3
Stamp: Annabelle Stamps " Stamped for Christmas"
Ink: Versamark
EP: Zing Silver
Papers: Bazzill Navy CS, Metallic CS

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Wow! Really pops! Guess I'm headed to go buy the die! Gorgeous and quick! Perfect for the tons of Christmas cards needed....stay cool GF

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those sparkly snowflakes!
Thanks for joining us at CS challenge and good luck~

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super elegant! So very pretty!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love the silver snowflakes and elegant silver embossing!

lostinpaper said...

Love how those snowflakes 'pop' on the dark bg! That die looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

stunning thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck xx

beadz said...

I wish your snowflakes could cool things off a bit! Even if they can't they sure are pretty to look at! Thanks for playing with us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Andrea said...

Just beautiful Therese!!
Andrea

Cyndi said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts for our July challenge!