Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chair inside the Garden

At Craft a Scene this month the challenge is to create a scene from "inside the garden". Some of my favorites things to do are garden and make cards with flowers and nature themes.  So I loved seeing this as the theme at Craft a Scene which is becoming a favorite challenge blog. For my scene, I used a very old stamp...not sure how old ...from Stamps Happen by D. Morgan called "Time Changes Many Things"....."But not the joy of your Friendship"is the rest of the text on the stamp. After stamping with Versafine Onyx Black on white CS, I colored with Koh-I-Noor Pencils and Memento Markers. As you can see I used a lot of colors but kept the layout simple. I trimmed the image rounding the top 2 corners and attached to a Textured Green Card Base.  This scene was a bit of a challenge to color.

How does your garden grow? My flowers are welcoming the cooler temps.
Thanks for dropping by. I welcome all comments. Theresa

11 comments:

Becky said...

Theresa, this is exquisite! I love D.Morgan....I have several of her framed prints on my walls, lol! I knew before I read your post that it was a D.Morgan stamp...all of her work is very distinguishable...great job on the coloring!

Olga said...

you have done an amazing job!!! This is absolutley gorgeous!

Patti P. said...

D.Morgan is one of my fave artists, she did a signing I went to in the early 90's where she put our name on the mailbox of a print that I bought, love it. I have a few of her stamps and haven't used those in ions, may have to get them out. Thanks for the inspiration, I will never color mine as beautifully as you did this. It is simply gorgeous.
hugs....

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous garden scene, Theresa! Love the image!

Gail said...

Good job!
I too found this scene a lot of work, but worth it I think!

Scrap Affair said...

Theresa this is really fantastic!
Love your card
Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene.
Nadia

The Other Patti Sue said...

What an awesome image... totally love your card!

Shelby said...

Beautiful scene and your coloring definitely brings it to life.

Shelby

NancyD said...

Lovely work Theresa! This is such a great stamp and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anna-Karin said...

Lovely card! That stamp is so pretty and you coloured it so well. Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Card love how you colored it:)