Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Asian Influence in Black

The challenge at CAS-UAL Friday is to create a CAS card using a black card base. That was easy enough but the difficult part was getting a decent photo.  My camera was not very cooperative because of the light exposure setting. Finally I made this shot showing that I heat embossed three Asian characters and a sentiment with gold EP on the black CS. Stamps are from "Asian Delights" a new set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.    Finished with Red and Gold Cord.   Tip: do not use a textured CS when doing this technique. A smooth CS  works much better.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

very pretty!!!! I don't have any Asian stamps!

Carla S. said...

Very elegant Asian-inpsired card, Theresa! Love the gold embossing!

Virginia L. said...

What a GREAT design, Theresa! I love your use of gold embossing powder and use of red twines! So perfect with these three Chinese characters! Well done! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kimberly said...

Theresa - what a striking card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!