Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another Christmas Card

Sometimes I love to pull out an old stamp and use in a way that I have not used before. I used this stamp  with emboss resist and colored with distress inks to create a new look in this Christmas card. I think it has a stained glass look.  I have added a lot of color after I stamped with versamark and heat embossed with gold EP.  I colored with 4 distress inks by using sponging and watercolor techniques. I love the look of matting on the gingham DP.

Challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges: Incorporate Emboss Resist in a Christmas Card
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: The theme this month is use Christmas Flowers/Holly on a card.
Creatalicious Challenge: Christmas in July
PaperPlay: Christmas in July

Supplies:
Stamp: GKD "Festive Frame" by Melanie
Inks: Versamark, TH Distress Inks Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Brown Corduroy, and Wild Honey
Ranger Gold EP
Papers: Authentique Wonder Pack for Gingham DP, GKD White and Red CS

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Céline said...

gorgeous card
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

clare said...

love your gold embossing and autumnal colours on the card. thanks so much for joining us @ CCAYR. x

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful stained glass effect!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh so stunning Theresa with such gorgeous embossing. It really adds dimension and depth to this beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR this month and we hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs"