Saturday, June 16, 2012

Vintage Challenge at Speedy Fox and Friends

The Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge this week is to make a Vintage card.  For my DT inspiration card, I used a new stamp set called "I'm In Stitches"  soon to be released by Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Co.   I love the stamp of the old Sewing Machine and was anxious to ink it up. I stamped it on White CS with Versamark and embossed with Black EP. I colored the metal parts with Silver Pens and then fancy cut the image...that was the hard part! Glad I have good scissors.  I used Brown CS as a base card, attached  a camel colored mat , and then a mat of Digi Paper "Old Paper" downloaded from Graphics Fairy. Before placing the PP mat,  I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and sponged with Distress ink and stamped the sentiment on the top  and the  tape measure across the bottom with Distress Ink. The dress forms were a part of the digi paper.


Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. "I'm in Stitches"
Ink: Versamark, DI Brushed Corduroy
EP: Ranger Black Detail
Pens: Metallic Silver and Gold Jelli-ink Pens, Atyou Silver Pen
Papers: MFP's Neutral Paper Pack, Digi Paper from Graphics Fairy
3D Foam Dots

Personal note- I love this stamp set because it reminds me of sewing machines that my mother and grandmother used and a machine  (a collector item, I'm sure) my Aunt Julia gave me a few years before she died.  I decided to pull it out of  its case and share a picture.  The warranty  is dated August 1949.
Please join in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp Set. You have until 3PM on Friday June 22, 2012 to post your card. Remember, if you use MFP, a Heinrich Company stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice. 
Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--this is a perfect vintage card. I love the digi BG paper you used also. Wonderful card. TFS

Pat Garvin said...

I love that background paper. Your card looks wonderful.

Kate said...

Wonderful vintage card! Love the bg paper.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful vintage card, Theresa! Love the background and the sewing machine stamp!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow,
Beautiful vintage card! And, up against your antique machine - it looks wonderful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You can't get anymore vintage than this! Super awesome!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow - that is amazing! looks like a painting of the sewing machine - frame it and keep next to your real vintage machine!

Angie said...

Awww! Theresa, I love your card next to your sewing machine!!! What a precious picture! Your card is fabulous!! Awesome color choices to go with your sewing machine!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I don't sew at all, but love images with the old sewing machines, etc. Must be the love of vintage that gets me. Thanks for sharing your picture of your antique, what a treasure.
I love your card and great score on that bg paper.
hugs...

Designing with Debbie said...

Wow what a great card. I love the antique sewing machine you have too.