Friday, June 15, 2012

Vintage Card with My Designer Paper

It is a challenge for me to make Vintage cards but I think I am getting more comfortable doing them through the challenges at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week at Sugar Creek Hollow we are asked to Make our own Designer paper. Our vintage, shabby chic or primitive cards must feature at least one piece of designer paper that we have created.   For this card I started by making the DP with no plans for the final design....kind of a backward approach. I usually start by selecting my image to focus on.  Using a deep red CS from my stash, I stamped a flourish and flower from Layers of Color Art Stamps Set "Nature" several times with Versafine Onyx Black. When I was satisfied with my DP design, I went hunting for an image. I found this lovely portrait "Gibson Girl" in my collection of Digis from House Across the Bay that I found in freebies at Papercraft Star. I printed the image as is and added a bit of color with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany. I cut it out with Nestabilities Labels 4 and sponged the edge with the Distress Ink and added a black edge. Stamped sentiment from Flourishes "Sweet Love" and cut with same die set mentioned.
Assembled the card with Black CS Base, my own  Designer Paper as the mat wrapped with Black Satin Ribbon and my stamped image and sentiment. Finishing touches were a black pearl and rhinestone as her earring. ( You may have to enlarge to see that touch.).
I like the final results of my unplanned card.
Challenge Links:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Make your own DP
Ribbon Girl: Monthly Challenge - Use ribbon.
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Olga said...

you did a fantastic job! I don't do vintage well at all, you rock at it!

Ellen said...

I agree you rocked the vintage look! Gorgeous image and colors! Have a fabulous weekend!!

Sudha said...

Wow. Love this. Like the colors n the image too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the rich colors and vintage image!

Patti P. said...

Love your backward card, couldn't be more beautiful!! You did a fantastic job on your dp, love those stamps.
Your Gibson girl is so pretty, love Papercraft Star and THATB.
Thanks for sharing and joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

You sure Aced this one! Simply beautiful!

Heather said...

It seems to me you are doing well with Vintage :0) Your DP turned out fabulous, love your colors and your image! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!!

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and your paper is great - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge to use ribbon or lace, Mary G x

Payne Holler Cards said...

its such a vintage beauty! love your background paper (-: