Monday, June 4, 2012

Thank You Card for Summer

I missed last week's challenge at Timeless Tuesday last week but getting this card  in just in time for their Thank You Challenge this week. Thought I'd do something different and use vegetables on my card rather than flowers. Thought this would be appropriate to send as thanks for a meal or a visit. I used "Garden Fresh" , "Taglines"  and "Zinnias" Stamp Sets from Flourishes. Colored the radishes with Copics, matted with Red CS, and used  scraps of pattern papers and white card stock. Edged all layers with Memento Red Marker. Used Nesties square and round dies. I used a sketch from The Sweet Shop for my design layout.
Sorry for the rush writeup but only minutes left for a card that I pulled off in minutes.
Other challenges:
The Sweet Stop: Sketch shown on left.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love this... so creative with your veggies!

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, your card is so cool! Love your take on the sketch and your choice of image...hugs ~S~

Lin said...

Red gingham is perfect for summer, and I love pairing it with radishes!! Great card, Theresa!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card Theresa! Has such a country charm! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Davi said...

Beautiful card Theresa! I love the gingham with the radishes...perfect :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks, for the reminder to pull out this veggie set and use it. Just pulled the first beets from my garden, and before long I will need to be sharing them. This is so lovely, Theresa, and as you said, will be perfect for that special thank you.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Theresa. Love the image, the coloring... the papers look great! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Chrissy D said...

pretty Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! I hope you will join us again! Blessings!