Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Fun with Birds

For the current Joan's Gardens' Challenge, we
need to use a Bird Theme, a branch and leaves (mine are stamped) , use blue (used papers and inks), and use a frame on our card. I had purchased some Marianne dies back in April and have never used them. This was the perfect challenge to make use of them as well as the frame die that I purchased at the same time. To begin my card I stamped the branch with leaves on white CS and colored with Copics and sponged the background with blue ink using a cloud template. Added grass with ink and marker.  I then used the dies to cut out the bird (blue CS), birdhouse and picket fence in white CS. Attched these items with pop  up dots and tape.Cut the Frame out of Lighter Blue CS and placed over the image. I decided to wait and add a sentiment when I use the card. This was a fun card to design.

Challenges:
Joan's Gardens: Details above
Marianne's Design Divas: Spread Your Wings-
used 
Marianne Design Creatables Die - Bird & Fence LR0205

Supplies:
Stamp: Flourished Branch from "Humming Along" set
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky, Bamboo Leaves
Copics: Greens and Browns
Papers: Bazzill Blues, White CS from stash
Dies: Marianne Design Creatables Die - Bird & Fence LR0205, Cheery Lynn Cathedral Lace Frame
Template: Inky Antics Clouds

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Becky said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous!!! I love those Marianne dies....

Olga said...

Love it, that frame is to die for!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

I'm with Olga -- that frame is stunning! Fun card!

Selma said...

Theresa you really created a beautiful scene with all your new dies. This card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love the diecut frame and pretty scene!

Lin said...

I love your card, Theresa! Birds are a favorite theme of mine and your scene is so cute!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty! Love your frame die!

Ellen said...

Such a sweet scene you have created! Thanks for sharing my blog candy! Good luck in the draw!

Suzi said...

This is so cute Theresa, I love your use of the dies with that fab stamped image. Fabulous design. Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas this month. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x