Saturday, June 2, 2012

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

The Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge this week is to make a card using buttons. My card features the Pansies stamp from Spring Flowers Stamp Set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. For my inspiration card, I stamped the image  on white CS and colored with Copics. I cut out the image and placed on a pattern paper cut with a frame die. I adhered this to an embossed  solid mat and then on to the card base of  brown. I finished with a sentiment stamped on a strip with a punched edge. I added the blue buttons layered with burlap  to the center of the pansies. Colors that I used for my card were pulled from the shiny pattern paper.

Please join in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp Set. You have until 3PM on Friday June 8, 2012 to post your card. Remember, if you use MFP, a Heinrich Company stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice.

Challenges to enter:
Sentimental Sundays: Pocket full of Posies + sentiment
Kaboodle Doodles: Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday: Anything Goes
Fab n Funky: Celebrations
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP, a Heinrich Co. "
Spring Flowers" and "Special Lion" (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: B000,000,01,04, G20,21,82
Papers: All from MFP', a Heinrich Co.  Neutral Paper Combo Pack, On Safari Craft Paper Pack
Dies: Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame
EF: Cuttlebug Divine Swirls
Punch: MS Floral Lace Border and EK Success Corner Punch
Buttons: Nikki Sivils Burlap Buttons

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Catherine said...

His is really pretty and I love the flowers....

Pat Garvin said...

Very pretty die cut. Gorgeous blue flowers.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Beautifully done! Your flowers are wonderful! Any word on how Barb is doing?

Lin said...

So pretty, Theresa - love blue and yellow together!

Vicky said...

Very pretty card, I love the image and the colours you have used, thanks for joining our celebrations challenge at Fab'n'Funky

hugs Vicky x x x

Angie said...

Very pretty Pansies!!!! I love the buttons!!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the color combo and the pansies!

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--this pansy birthday card is just beautiful. I love all the different dies you used and that you cut out the image to make it pop! Great job. TFS

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is simply gorgeous! Colored perfectly!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Kaboodle Doodles.

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
Your card is lovely, the pansies are colored wonderfully!

Rach83 said...

Lovely layers, Theresa. Great pansy stamps and the buttons are a fab touch.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back with us soon.

Rachel x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, so pretty, I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Designing with Debbie said...

Oh so pretty. I love the doily in the background. Great work.