Friday, June 22, 2012

More and Older is Better

The highlights of this card are a beautiful Graphic Print from The House on the Bay, an "antique" (?) button  engraved with flowers, and an "antique-looking" crushed velvet ribbon.  I used these items plus several more to create a card for this week at Sugar Creek Hollow for their theme More Is Better.
Our vintage, shabby chic or primitive cards should have lots of embellishments! I followed a sketch from Card Patterns which I turned on the side for my design. I made the focus of the card the graphic - Rose with a Border which I distressed the edge and aged with Distress Ink. I placed this on an embossed dark green mat,  added border of pink pattern with pink crushed ribbon and green satin ribbon. This I placed on a card base of Distressed Pink CS. I finished with Pink Rhinestones in a design about the roses, added pearls, and the button with flower design and a rhinestone center. Added the word "Love" embossed in gold.

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: More is Better.
Card Patterns Sketch 170

 Supplies:
Digital: The House across the Bay free from Papercraft Star.

Stamp: PSX Love
Ink: Versamark and Gold EP
         Distressed Spun Sugar, Antique Linen, Wild Honey
Cuttlebug EF Wicker Weave
Papers all from stash and scraps
Ribbons, Gems, Pearls, Button from collections


Wishing you all a great weekend.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! The print is beautiful and so are the embellishments you added! Have a great weekend!

NancyD said...

Gorgeous Theresa! I love everything about it. NancyD

The Other Patti Sue said...

Stunning... absolutely stunning!

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is vintage beauty! So beautiful ..love your cards you make for sugar creek hollow (-:
Hugs
Linda

Payne Holler Cards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna-Karin said...

Very pretty card! Lovely flowers. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!