Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jacob's First Birthday

 Jacob, my great-nephew, celebrates his first birthday on Monday and I want to send him a very special birthday card. I used a LOTV's stamp "Patchwork Hot Air Balloon" that I stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on White CS. I paper pieced the balloon and colored the bear with Copics.  I masked  the image and sponged clouds in the background. I cut letters and the #1 from adhesive backed CS  with Cricut and attached to the card. I attached the image to a mat of glitter dotted CS and added to a Turquoise Card Base.  The fun part of the card is the inside.( See below) I stamped the bear inside and added a balloon of red honeycomb paper.  I surrounded the bear with clouds printed with best wishes and added Jacob's name. Clouds were printed on the computer.

Challenges:
Lili's Little Fairies: One for the Boys
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Red, White, and Blue
Paper Pretties: Summer Inspiration
Anything Goes Challenge: Theme is Travel
Scrap Creations: Celebrations
Stamp and Create: June challenge-Bold and Bright

Supplies:
Stamp: LOTV and Meljen's Digi Clouds
Inks: Memento Summer Sky and Rich Cocoa
Copics: E30,31,34,35,51,55
Black Glaze Pen
Papers: DCWV Tahiti Beach Stack,  Citrus Stack, and Summer Adhesive Stack, White and Turquoise CS from Stash, Inky Antics Honeycomb Paper Pad

Jacob is a special nephew who shares the same birthday as I do. I really enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Olga said...

super awesome, I love the inside!!!!

Becky said...

So cute, Theresa....he will love it I know! Happy Birthday to you, too!!!

thecraftycavalier said...

Fabulous. I love it! Thank you for sharing this with us at Lili's Little Fairies, hugs Jayne x

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Theresa! Love the colors and dotted paper! The image is darling and wonderfully colored!

Patti P. said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob on Monday and you as well...hope you have a wonderful weekend planned. I love his card, what a great image and love the paper piecing, the honeycomb is so pretty inside.
hugs.....

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a treasure! Super adorable!

Donna said...

Brilliant card and such a lovely layout, Jacob will love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Annette said...

What a cutie! Just love the inside!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge!
Hugs Annette

inkypinkycraft said...

Very cute balloon! Thanks for playing at anything goes trace x dt