Monday, June 11, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV Challenge

Father's Day is the challenge at FOSTV this week. I think a Father's Day Card should tell that person how special he is.  My father passed away several years ago but I always have special memories of him at Father's Day and he was a Fabulous Dad.  My card features the Special Lion stamp set from MFP.  I stamped the lion with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a Tan Card stock from MFP twice and colored the details of the image image with pencils, glaze pen and distress marker. I cut out one of the images and cut only the center of the face of the second  image that I attached to the full image with pop up dots to create a 3D effect. I hope you can see this 3D in the photo.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set on to a pattern paper with Versamark and heat embossed with Copper EP. I cut the letters D-A-D with a Cricut and also heat embossed them with Copper EP and attached them with the Lion to the mat of Pattern Paper. I added the twine with a Lion charm to the mat and attached all to a base card of the Tan CS to finish the project.  I like the effect of the Picket Fence White Distress Marker on the face....it is hard to see until the ink dries but it shows really white on the colored CS.

For those who enter the challenge at Speedy TV this week, you have a chance to win a MFP, a Heinrich Co stamp set shown:

Challenges to enter:
CRAFT Challenge: Male card
One Stop Craft Challenge: Father's Day:
Saturday Challenge Secret Crafters: Happy Father's Day
Cards for Men: Father's Day

Supplies:
Stamps: "Special Lion" from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Pencils, Sakura Black Glaze Pen, Ranger  Tim Holtz Distress Marker Picket Fence
Papers: Mark's Finest Papers
Twine and Charm: Mark's Finest Papers On Safari Paper Pack
 
 I really enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

16 comments:

Olga said...

fantastic card!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is such a fab dad's day card!

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Angie said...

Beautiful card!!!! Wonderful lion!!!

Davi said...

Theresa Love this one, your distressed bg is so fabulous and perfect for that awesome lion!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super great "Dad's" day card! I lost my Dad just a few years ago and miss him terribly!

Lena said...

this is such a good Dads day card! Love it!!

Benzi said...

Wonderful Father's Day card and I really like the white on the face, too.

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

Ravengirl said...

This looks wonderful! I love the embossing in copper as it goes so well with the lion's colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the embossing- a great card Dad will be sure to love! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFT this week, x carol

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT this week. xx

Kathy Bradley said...

Awesome big cat - really lovely card. I've been gone - so I am catching up on my commenting on our teams!

Designing with Debbie said...

Great Father's Day card. I love the lion and your charm

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x