Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black and White with Pink for Speedy Fox Challenge

 The Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge this week is to make a card using black and white with a splash of color. I thought of pink as my splash of color  and when I think of pink, I think of Flamingos and a pink ric-rac that I have had forever. I am on a quest to use old items from my stash.  My card features the "Flamingos on Vacation", a new stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. For my inspiration card, I stamped the Flamingo on white CS with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics RV21 and RV23.  I cut out the image with a rectangle die, added pink rhinestones and placed on a pink mat. Added the embossed sentiment from the same stamp set beneath the image. I adhered this to an embossed white mat wrapped with pink ric-rac
 and a bow. Attached the black silk flower and a brad. This went on  the card base of black.  I followed a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for my design.

Challenges to enter:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch 149
Paper Pretties : Monday challenge is use Bling.
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Theme is travel-my card is a Bon Voyage card for someone traveling to Florida.
Let's Ink It Up: Use your favorite embellishments. I used flowers, Ribbon (ric-rac) and gems(bling).
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Challenge is Flowers and Ribbon theme. Ric-Rac trim and black flower qualifies for entry.

Other supplies:
Versamark and White EP
Orange and Black Glaze Pens
Papers: Black and White from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co, Pink a scrap from stash

Cuttlebug EF Argyle
Flower and Brad: Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co
Ric -Rac and Rhinestones: From Stash

Please join in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp Set. You have until 3PM on Friday June 15, 2012 to post your card. Remember, if you use MFP, a Heinrich Company stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice.
Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

25 comments:

Angie said...

Oh what fun! I LOVE pink...not sure why I hardly ever use it on my cards since I love it so much! LOL Your Flamingo and ric rac is FABULOUS!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful realization. Sensible
choice of colours. Magnificent work on your flamingo. Good work !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge this week on the theme which I chose : travel.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Pat Garvin said...

Pink is a great splash color. Love the rick rack.

Kate said...

What a fun card! Ric rac was a really great touch.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--what a wonderful pink flamingo card!!! I love the added flower on top of the hot pink rick rack! Fantastic card! TFS

Carla S. said...

Great card, Theresa! Love the bright pink flamingo! Great take on the sketch, too! Have a good weekend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a fun image... makes for a super fun card! Have a great Saturday GF!

Theresa said...

Theresa this is just too cute! Only I see your card and it made me feel bad. My friend leaves for a cruise today and I would've loved to given her a card and I didn't even think about it! Your card would've been perfect. Thank for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

SuzanneK said...

Fab design, love the cute stamp and touch of pink, very clever to combine with the flamingo. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Dawn said...

So cute Theresa! Love the flamingo! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Cheryl said...

Too cute! Love that image, and the ric rac is fab with that black flower. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE this! The colors are striking and wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

marion said...

What a lovely colour combo and such a lovely card. Love it ! Thanks for sharing it on LIIU and good luck in the draw. Hugs, Marion

Payne Holler Cards said...

PInk pops! And lovin that ric rac (-;

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very cool Flamingo! Best of luck on your challenges.

Designing with Debbie said...

Gorgeous card. I love the design and the pink with the black and white.

Kelly said...

Just Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this time x

Kelly said...

Just Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this time x

Lena said...

This is so cute i love the pink!!!!

shell said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Jenni said...

Lovely, thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz challenges this week.
Jenni x

Susan Hogan said...

Anyone for croquet? Great card and I love the flamingo image! Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up this challenge!

buglvr2010 said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Kathy Bradley said...

Theresa,
Love these flamingoes - they have been so much fun to use. Your card is just adorable! I've been gone - so I am catching up on my commenting on our teams!

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Very cute card. Lovely image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma