Saturday, May 12, 2012

Speedy the Fox and Friends Challenge-Use Chalk

The Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 107 this week is to Use Chalk. I have not done much work using chalk but was very happy with the results using Glossy White Cardstock and applying chalk directly to the stamped image using a cotton swab. The chalk gave a pretty pastel look to the flowers ( a new stamp from Mark's Finest Papers  Oopsy Daisy Stamp Set) and does not smear or flake off from this type of paper.  I stamped the image again onto glossy paper using Memento black ink and cut out the image with an oval die.  I colored the stems using Copics. I then placed this image with a ribbon on double mats of a scallop oval and a classic oval.  I then fussy cut the chalked flowers out and applied this on top of the second image in the oval. Using a white card base, a pink mat and an embossed mat of green, I assembled the card. I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink and finished with a double loop bow.
Supplies:
Stamps: Oopsy Daisies Stamp Set from Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co.
Ink: Memento TUxedo Black
Chalks: Decorating Chalks from Craf-T Products (Pink) and Oil Pastel Chalks Yellow for the centers)
Copics: G29, G21
Papers: Glossy White and White CS from stash, Pink and Green Bazzill Textured CS
Dies: Nesties Oval and Scallop Oval Dies
Punch: EK Success Corner Punch
EF: Cuttlebug Diamond Plate
Organza with Satin  Ribbon from Stash

Please join in the challenge this week for a chance to win a MFP stamp Set. You have until 3PM on Friday May 18,  2012 to post your card. Remember,  if you use MFP a Heinrich Company stamps your name will be entered into the drawing twice.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Angie said...

Your card is lovely! I am a huge fan of PINK and this is so pretty!!!

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, love the elegant pink and green together.....

Pat Garvin said...

So very pretty. I will have to try glossy paper. I don't think in all my chalkings that I have used it. Very pretty.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the color combo and the soft coloring of the flowers!

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Fantastic job.

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Theresa!!!! What a gorgeous pink daisy card! This would make a wonderful Mother's Day card also! TFS

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Love your soft color pallet!

Tammylee said...

Very pretty! I love working with chalk! I have also just started a chalk challenge so you will have to check that out! http://chalknstock.blogspot.com/

Pop cans have a smooth edge when cut with die cut and I do send through the mail!
Tammylee

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Theresa, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I really enjoyed the challenge at Speedy Fox & Friends. Thank you for your sweet comment about my chalking. My chalks are very old, and when I do this "aging/distressing" technique with them, I use a sponge to pick up the chalk and then lightly brush the edges with the chalk. I appreciate your inquiring, and I really enjoyed seeing all your DT use of chalks as well. Great challenge, and thanks again for stopping by! I'd love to have you visit me any time.
Blessings,
Karen L
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Designing with Debbie said...

Gorgeous card. Love the coloring.