Monday, May 14, 2012

Pink Are My Roses

At Flourishes Timeless Tuesday FTTC168, Silke challenged us to use a theme of PINK-A-LICIOUS…. the main color on your card/project is to be Pink. It can be anything from softer pink shades to bright pink colors. I chose to stamp the Rose from Flourishes "A Year in Flowers" ...I decided to do the image in a different look that I have used before. I stamped the image using Memento London Fog on Ivory CS which gives it a much softer look and colored with Copics and Pencils. I picked out colors from the Rose Print Designer Paper from Authenique, therefore I used gray tones in the leaves and different pink shades in each rose. Added some white to the rose petals as shown in the DP. I used a GKD Ivory CS Base layered with a mat of GKD Moonlight Fog CS. Added some pinks ribbons layered and then a pink bow. Attached the image cut with a circle die and matted with the Moonlight Fog. Finished with stamped sentiment from "Zinnia" in Memento Rose Bud Ink and cut with Labels 4 Die. Finished with pearls in the corners for a feminine touch.
Can use this as a Mother's Day card when I finished the inside with a verse for my Mother.

Other Challenges:
Papers and Such: This week it's time to make a May Flowers card . My pink roses are about to bloom therefore I chose roses as my May flowers.
Papercraft Star: Use a stamp
Charisma Cardz: Challenge is Pink and girlie...pearls and ribbon plus pink is girlie.
DYSU: Challenge is use a flower. Use stamped roses and flowers on DP.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Theresa, your roses are so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Use a stamp" challenge.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the matching papers....

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful card. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Ros said...

This is lovely ... I love your pretty roses .. many thanks for playing along at Papercraft star

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love how you matched the coloring to the PP! Good luck!

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, the rose image is so elegant.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just beautiful! So feminine!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Theresa! Love the rose theme and all the pink! Thanks for playing along this week...hugs ~S~

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! I love your roses and the beautiful papers!
Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Makiko Jones said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning, Theresa! I love how your roses look! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Jan Garber said...

Your subtle colors are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

Gram's Treasures said...

This is stunning! The pink and the grey go so good together. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week...hope you'll join us again soon!