Monday, May 7, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV Challenge



This is my card for FOSTV (Friends of Speedy TV) Week 19 Challenge - Make a Mother's Day Card. I thought this sentiment was perfect for my mother on a Mother's Day Card.  She is a young 92 and we work hard to keep up with her energy.  I have used an image from Springtime Flowers that I stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa on ivory cardstock...I like the softness that brown on ivory gives rather than using black ink on white cardstock. I colored the image with Copics and framed it with a die cut  ( I cut out the center of the cut die to make the frame).  I picked up the yellow from the center of flowers to use as my card base.  I finished with teardrop pearls in the corners.

Challenges to enter:
Paper Sundaes: Mother's Day
Paper Players: Mother's Day

Supplies:
Stamps: "
Spring Flowers Stamp Set" and "Special Lion Stamp Set"  Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co.
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa Pad and Bamboo Leaves Marker
Copics: RV000, RV11, G20, Y000
Pen: Sakur Glaze Pen
Papers: Yellow CS from MFP's, Ivory and Pink Textured CS from Brazzill
Die: Cheery Lynn Cathedral Lace Die
Pearls: Annabelle

Please join us at Friends of Speedy TV for the challenge.
One lucky winner of this challenge will win this fabulous stamp set:



16 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, love those flowers and the way you have coloured them.....

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is a real beauty, Theresa! Gorgeous with the pinks and that fancy frame.

Betty Benton said...

Lovely frame for those pretty flowers! Great card for your mom!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love the colors and the die cut frame! Wonderful coloring of the flowers!

Davi said...

Very pretty card Theresa! I love the soft colors and pretty pinks of the flowers :) Glad to hear you joined the team!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm sure your Mom will love and cherish this... beautiful!

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. Welcome to the team, looking forward to working with you.

Becky said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous...I love the soft colors!!!

Ravengirl said...

This is so pretty! It's colored beautifully and has a gorgeous frame!

Kate said...

Totally scrumptious! Just perfect.

LeAnne said...

Beautiful image, beautifully framed! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players this week!

Jenny said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes. Jenny x

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've created such a pretty card Theresa! Love the die cut frame - it's really stands out! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Payne Holler Cards said...

So gorgeous and lovin that die background!

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous frame you created, wow! Lovely card!! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Designing with Debbie said...

I love this card. It is beautiful.