Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Vintage Birthday Card

 I love the beautiful digital images at Magic Moonlight Studio....I am always using them as a source when creating vintage cards and they are free. I found this beautiful image from a collage that is perfect for a birthday card.  After printing the rose image, I trimmed the edge and outlined it using a Pilot Gold Marker. I placed the image on a crumpled and distressed green homemade paper that I found in my stash. Used Distress Inks Antique Linen and Spun Sugar.  I adhered this to a gold metallic CS that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade...such a great embossed vintage design. I wrapped this with a Pink Sheer Organza ribbon and tied a bow. Added a hat pin from Mark's Finest Papers to which I added some pearls. I used a card base of Pink Bazzill Textured  CS but toned down the color by sponging with Distress Ink Antique Linen.  Finished with a tag cut with Spellbinders Die and stamped with Gina K Designs "Fanciful Tags" in versamark and gold embossed.  Made this card 5.5" X 8", larger than I usually do.
Closeup of verse printed on image

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Make vintage, shabby chic or primitive BIRTHDAY CARDS.
Crafty Friends Challenge: Challenge #1 is Vintage.  New challenge...looks like fun.
Anything Goes Challenge: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Beate said...

Theresa, thanks so much for trying out our new challenge. Your card looks beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one vintage beauty!

Cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful love the detail bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxx

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours are fabulous. Hugs Michele x

Christine L said...

Very elegant card with beautiful image...

Thank you for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes - hope to see you again soon..

Hugs
Christine x

Mynnette said...

This is STUNNING! LOVE the gold with the vintage feel! Gorgeous card!!! :)

Patti P. said...

Hey there, sorry to just be getting around, but I have been without a computer for a couple of days. Your card reminds me of cards that were in my Grandmother's stash, takes me back. It looks like a true vintage card from years back, your choices were perfect!
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Holly Young said...

gorgeous vintage image!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Holly SCH DT

Payne Holler Cards said...

i love this image - your vintage is beautiful (-:
thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
Linda SCH DT

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a lovely card!

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous Creation! Simply Stunning!! Thank you for joining us atAnything Goes Challenge Blog!
Hugs
Tamara