Friday, April 13, 2012

Simply Vintage

One more post today and I am done.  I just had to get this entry in for Sugar Creek Hollow's Challenge to create a vintage card featuring flowers.  I love making floral cards and I found the perfect image to use at Magic Moonlight Studio Free Images. I simply printed the image, trimmed and distressed the edges with a distressing tool and distress inks. I used Ivory CS for the base but I sponged it with distress inks and embossed it to give a vintage look. Added a mat of handmade paper that I purchased a long time ago and also distressed the edges. To finish the card I wrapped 2 organza ribbons around the mat with image and tied a bow. Finished with a hat pin to which I added beads and pearls. The great things about these printed images are that they are  inspiration for colors and designs and so quick to use. Love this card...hope you do too.

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Floral Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown: Stick pins

Supplies:
Distress Inks Spun Sugar and Brushed Corduroy

Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade
Orange and Pink Organza ribbon from Dollar Store

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous!! Love this image and the way you tied your ribbons around it. So glad you had time to join us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Catherine said...

Gorgeous vintage creation.....

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very very pretty!

Betty Benton said...

This is beautiful, Theresa! I love the ribbon and pin accenting that lovely floral image!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Love that gorgeous flower and all the Vintage goodness!

Selma said...

Beautiful vintage card Theresa.

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is so gorgeous!
Did you see the DT call at SCH....hint hint!
Hugs
Linda

CraftinGranny said...

OMG Theresa, you have really created a masterpiece with this gorgeous creation. That flower is magnificent and I love the vintage feel of the card. Oh so beautiful!!

Great new blog look too with the falling petals. Have a fab weekend! "Hugs"

bakeandmakeinbristol said...

I love this card - its fantastic

Emma W