Monday, April 23, 2012

Playing with Bright Colors

 When the weather is cold and gloomy outside, the best thing to do is stay inside and make a bright card....and this one is a bit brighter than I usually make. I hope it might brighten someone's day.  I have used one of my favorite Flourishes stamps "Zinnias" but it's hard to say which is my favorite as I have so many faves. I colored the stamp with bright Copics after stamping on white cardstock with black ink.  Added some side panels of pattern paper, punched strips along the bottom edge, and stamped the sentiment on layered circles with a touch of ribbons. Finished with a die cut butterfly with bright pink bling. Lot of bright pink, orange, yellow, and green used on this project.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #165: Show your love of Flourishes stamps by using your favorite Flourishes stamp set!
Paper Players: Challenge #92 is a sketch shown below.
Ribbon Carousel Challenge: Get colorful...use bright colors. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes "Zinnias"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Tangelo
Copics: R81,83,85, RV29, YR00,02,07,09, Y0000,02,06,11,13, YG03,09
Yellow Glaze pen
Papers: White, Pink, Orange, Yellow CS from Stash. BasicGrey Pattern from Sweet Threads
Nesties Circle Dies
EK Border punch
Cheery Lyn Butterfly Die
Ribbon and bling from stash


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, love the yellow butterfly...

Olga said...

beautiful, love your coloring!!!

Amanda said...

I think this is such a pretty and cheery card! I love how you colored in your Zinnia's, they are just perfect :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful... love the bright colors!

Patti J said...

Theresa, this is so pretty. I love Flourishes flower stamps, and you have certainly showcased this set beautifully! Thanks for sharing :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, I love the bright happy colors too...absolutely beautiful card and choice of stamp set! Hugs ~S~

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the paper and the gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie Hile said...

Theresa, this is so fresh, fun and full of spring-time smiles! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

*Sorry, I deleted my first comment for typos! Eeek!

Nina Brackett said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you could join us for the Crafty Friends Challenge #2.