Friday, April 13, 2012

Motherly Love Challenge


For Flourishes April Release week, create a card for a mom in  your life and get a chance to win the entire release. The new release is full of some wonderful stamps that I love.
To me Mother's Day means Roses and I have used the rose stamp from " A Year in Flowers-Set 2" one of my very favorites. The Roses are stamped on Ivory CS and colored with Copics. I matted the image on a circle of green cut with Lacey Circle Die and threaded ribbon through the edge and added a silk flower. The sentiment is from Flourishes "Strawberries". I finished the inside with a personal message to my Mother. My colors were chosen from the Pattern Paper background.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves
Copics: R00, R01, R11, R20, G20, G21
Papers: Ivory CS, Green CS, Patterns SU Green, Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime
Grosgrain and Satin Ribbons, Flower from Stash
BasicGrey Brad
Nesties Circle, Lacey Circle, and Oval Dies
Corner Punch

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, loving the colour combination.....

Carla S. said...

Beautiful crd, Theresa! Wonderful coloring of the roses!

Betty Benton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Benton said...

What a beautiful card, Theresa! When I started loading my card for this challenge I thought that I would be #28, because 27 was the last spot showing. You can imagine my surprise when my card was #29 -- guess who had taken the #28 spot -- it was you, my friend! It is uncanny the way we think so much alike, even down to loading our cards for this challenge at the same time!!

ChristineCreations said...

The ribbon looks beautiful woven through the die and I love what beautiful papers and colors you chose Theresa! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes this month!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers... this one is absolutely beautiful! Love how you framed your gorgeous roses!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very pretty. I like the ribbon weaved in around the frame and that tiny flower is a great touch. So pretty. Thanks for playing in Flourishes challenge.